Reduce and Refuse, Recycle and Replace. The Plastics Roadmap for Finland was published 16th of October 2018 by the Ministry of the Environment, leading the way towards a new, sustainable plastic economy. The roadmap presents a set of key actions to find solutions to challenges caused by plastics.
The proposals for measures are:
- Avoid littering and unnecessary consumption
- Study the possibility to introduce a tax on plastics
- Increase significantly the recovery of plastic waste
- Improve the identification of plastics in buildings and sorting of plastic waste in construction sites
- Promote the recycling and replacement of plastics in agriculture and horticulture
- Introduce diverse recycling solutions for recovered plastics
- Invest in a big way in alternative solutions and set up a New Plastics knowledge network
- Raise the challenge of plastics high on the international agenda of Finland
- Export expertise and solutions
- Enhance research knowledge on negative health and environmental impacts of plastics and solutions to these
Plastics have lots of good properties and they are important to our economy. However, there are also significant problems relating to plastics. One of the pressing concerns is the amount of plastics ending up in the environment, in the seas and potentially in the food chains.
Plastic challenge is an opportunity for Finland and for Finnish companies. Around the world there is a growing need for safe, bio-based, recyclable, and 100% biodegradable packages. Finland has strong expertise in biomaterials and available raw materials that offer opportunities to find solutions for replacing plastics. Finland is ready to tackle the plastic challenge with good cooperation!
Ecobio is happy take part in tackling the Plastic challenge and to help companies towards a new, sustainable plastic economy. Contact our experts at: email@example.com or tel. +358 20 756 9450.
Read the whole article and more about the Plastics Roadmap for Finland: http://www.ym.fi/en-US/Latest_news/Press_releases/Reduce_and_Refuse_Recycle_and_Replace__P(48213)